Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Theory Two:

Age is earned.
One thing I just can't wrap my head around with today's society is the compulsive desire to look as young as possible. Turn on the television for more than fifteen minutes and you'll be accosted with ads for bo-tox and age defying cream that 'anyone who's anyone' is using for a more 'youthful' look. Hair dye ads to cover up all those 'unwanted' greys. But those grey hairs and those wrinkles are well earned. Grey hair from raising a family, having a successful career. Those wrinkles? From spending summers on gorgeous beaches in the sun and spending days making relationships with people you love. Aging is a reminder of a full life you have led. Why would you want to act like you haven't put all that work into building your life and your past by covering it up and stretching it out? Every woman that I look up to is proud of those crow's feet. They're secure in themselves and their age and they own it. I don't want to be 55 trying to look 35. I want to be 55 and proving that I still have the heart of a 35 year old through my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment